Subject: something like getch()
From: [email-masked] (Reuben Collver)

16 Mar 1997 09:56:34 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <19970316155459771.AAA210.cygnus.gnu-win32@collver>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
Comments: Authenticated sender is <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-mailer: Pegasus Mail for Win32 (v2.53)
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hello,

  I was unable to make pdcurses until b17.1 of cygnus' gcc & 
utilities.  I found it pre-compiled on another gnu-win32 repository, 
and I could not get that to work either.  If someone would like to 
help me out, please e-mail me and I will get into specifics.

  What I really want is to be able to get a character from stdin if 
there is one in the buffer, but if no key had been pressed the 
function would just return an error code.  I used to use ioctl and 
select to do this, but that does not seem to work with cygnus' 
release.

  Please e-mail me directly if you have any advice.  Thanks in 
advance!

Ben ([email-masked])
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".