Subject: bash problem b17.1 under Windows NT 4/NTFS
From: [email-masked] (Mark Levine)

14 Mar 1997 19:15:16 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
X-Sender: [email-masked] (Unverified)
X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Light Version 1.5.4 (32)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I am running b17.1 under Windows NT 4.0.

The following command sequence when run under bash fails when running on an
NTFS file system:

        % cat >foo <<EOF
        > aaa
        > bbb
        > EOF
        bash.exe: 49069028: No such file or directory

The file foo is created but it is empty, the number in the error messages
sometimes is different, last few digits change.

The above works fine on a FAT file system partition.

As a result of this problem I can not build any of the GNU software from
source because the configure script will fail because of this problem.

************************************************************************
*                                                                      *
*                     Visit Our Web Page at:                           *
*               http://www.tiac.net/users/dynasens                     *
*                                                                      *
*----------------------------------------------------------------------*
*                               |                                      *
* Mark Levine                   | EMAIL: [email-masked]             *
* DynaSense Consulting Services |                                      *
* Framingham, MA 01701          |                                      *
*                               |                                      *
************************************************************************

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".