Subject: Re: NT Scheduler & mounted drive
From: [email-masked] (Grant Leslie)

8 Mar 1997 13:29:56 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.0b2 (Win95; I)
Original-To: GNU-Win32 <[email-masked]>
X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

> 
> Does anyone use the NT Sheduler?  I'm trying to include Win32 into our
> nightly build cycle but am running into a strange problem.  Here is my setup:
> 
> First I've got a file nightly.bat.  This essentially starts bash and tells
> it to run go.nightly.
> 
> go.nightly cd's to a source directory on a drive that was mounted with the
> -b and -m options.  After that it just does a make.
> 
> go.nightly (run in a bash shell) by itself works
> nightly.bat (run from a dos prompt) works
> 
> when it is run by the schedule service make complains that there is no
> Makefile.

When cygwin.dll creates the mounts they exist only under your own user
enviroment in the registry. I intend to use the GNU-Win32 tools to run
Shell scripts under a web server, and soon realized I had to recreate
the same mountings I had made under the Web Servers User account,
otherwise cygwin.dll would create it's own default mappings, which for
one are text mode (no -b ) by defualt, and not mixed ( no -m ). 
Maybe when NT Scheduler runs, it runs as System, and not your user
account, which would mean the mounts you created would not by in effect.
Try adding the proper mount commands at the beginning of the
"nightly.bat" file, before you invoke Bash, to force the proper file
mappings.
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".