Subject: Re: gcc for WinNT
From: [email-masked] ("Ron G. Minnich")

6 Mar 1997 19:40:03 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.970306124349.26909B-100000.cygnus.gnu-win32@terra>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
X-Sender: rminnich@terra
Original-To: Leong Kok Yong <[email-masked]>
Original-cc: [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: <Pine.SOL.3.95.970306155508.11730P-100000@mirage>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

One thing I have seen: file i/o does not always works as it does on unix. 
For example, reading from a file, 1024 bytes at a time, with a file of 
65536 bytes, will get me return values of:
1023, 1021, 1015, etc. Almost always 1024, but enough of these oddballs 
to cause trouble for programs that don't carefully check return values 
from read() (there are some of these ...). I had to fix the rtsp ref. 
port from realaudio to accomodate this strange read(2) behavior.

ron

Ron Minnich                |"Failure is not an option" -- Gene Kranz
[email-masked]       | -- except, of course, on Microsoft products
(609)-734-3120             |
ftp://ftp.sarnoff.com/pub/mnfs/www/docs/cluster.html 

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".