Subject: How to build X11R6.3 libraries with gnu-win32 beta 17
From: [email-masked] (Sergey Okhapkin)

5 Mar 1997 04:44:57 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: "'Gnu-Win32'" <[email-masked]>
Encoding: 36 TEXT, 948 UUENCODE
X-MS-Attachment: X11R6.3-cygwin.diff 0 00-00-1980 00:00
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hi!

This is a patch to build X11R6.3 libraries and clients binaries with
gnu-win32 beta 17. Most of X libraries are built as DLLs.

What You have to do:
1. Take original X11R6.3 distribution from ftp.x.org (You need file
xc-1.tar.gz). Also, You can take contrib.tar.gz - it contains
a lot of useful programs (xman, for example) and documentation.
2. Unpack this file to some (current) directory with "tar xvfz xc-1.tar.gz".
You will have xc subdirectory. You may to apply fix-01 patch from ftp.x.org. Note: this directory should be on binary-mounted volume!
3. Uudecode this message to current directory. You have now file
X11R6.3-cygwin.diff
4. Run patch -p -s <X11R6.3-cygwin.diff
5. Create empty file .../include/netinet/tcp.h.
6. Copy
cygnusroot\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\cygnus-2.7.2-961023\cpp.e

xe to /lib/cpp.
7. Cd to xc directory and run "make -i World".
8. Go to sleep :-)
9. Run "make install". All X11R6.3 libraries and clients binaries are now
installed in /usr/X11R6.3 directory.

On my system I have one strange bug - make complains "No rule to make target
XXX.c needed by XXX.o" about few files in xc/lib/X11, xc/lib/Xt and
xc/font/Type1 directories. To correct problem, I have to remove read-only
atribute of file XXX.c and "touch XXX.c". It seems to me, it's cygwin's bug -
syscall utime() can't set timestamps on read-only files.

Sergey Okhapkin
Moscow, Russia

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".