Subject: Re: Linking with a .LIB library
From: [email-masked] ("wiljan")

4 Mar 1997 15:25:53 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: "Tom Obuck" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Priority: 3
X-Mailer: Microsoft Internet Mail 4.70.1155
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Tom wrote:
> I'm quite new to the Cygnus GNU Win-32 product line and have
> just one question.  Is it possible to link a C program with
> a .LIB library (and also a normal archive library created by
No, ld of cygwin32 can not handle .LIB file generated by microsoft tools.
It is also impossible to link objects generated by cygwin32 with the linker
of microsoft.

Wiljan

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".