Subject: Re: linking stripped object files
From: [email-masked] (Chin Chee-Kai)

3 Mar 1997 23:32:25 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: Chin Chee-Kai <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; CHARSET=US-ASCII
X-Authentication-Warning: gatekeeper.gen.co.jp: smap set sender to <[email-masked]> using -f
Original-To: Fergus Henderson <[email-masked]>
Original-Cc: gnu-win32 <[email-masked]>
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

On Mon, 3 Mar 1997, Fergus Henderson wrote:

> But the gnu-win32 behaviour is not a bug as such.

Right, it's neither what I am suggesting.  I surmise that the
rather strange behavior could be due to "strip" on Cygnus's
distribution.  If "strip" takes off so much information that
the output object file or binary doesn't compile or run anymore,
than something really strange is going on, and "strip" loses
its usefulness (since I'd have to recompile the object file or
program).

Chin Chee-Kai (Last, First)
Internet Email-ID:	[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".