Subject: sockets and mingwin32
From: [email-masked] (JP Shipherd)

3 Mar 1997 19:32:17 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
X-Sender: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0 (32)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Has anyone gotten sockets to work with the minwin32 stuff?

Does it use the winsock.dll?

What files should be included?  I've been trying to use 
#include <Windows32/Sockets.h>

but the cygwin headers keep creeping in and I get errors like:

C:\gnu32\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-961023/../..
/../
.../i386-cygwin32/include/sys/types.h:131: warning: `FD_SET' redefined
/gnu32/win32/include/Windows32/Sockets.h:152: warning: this is the location
of t
he previous definition
C:\gnu32\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-961023/../..
/../
.../i386-cygwin32/include/sys/types.h:132: warning: `FD_CLR' redefined
/gnu32/win32/include/Windows32/Sockets.h:144: warning: this is the location
of t
he previous definition

Is the i386-cygwin32/include path built into gcc (g++)?  It's not in any of
my include env vars:

declare -x
CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH="/gnu32/mingw32/include:/gnu32/mingw32/include/non
ansi:/gnu32/win32/include"
declare -x
C_INCLUDE_PATH="/gnu32/mingw32/include:/gnu32/mingw32/include/nonansi
:/gnu32/win32/include"

Scratching my head over sockets,
--jp

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".