Subject: Re: xterm for win32
From: [email-masked] (Grant Leslie)

1 Mar 1997 18:53:05 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <01BC2638.1DCE1380@sos> <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.0b2 (Win95; I)
Original-To: GNU-Win32 <[email-masked]>
X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Jim Balter wrote:

> You also want to check "QuickEdit Mode" on the Options tab,
> for mouse cut and paste.

	I dont know if it's this way on NT or not, but, using cut and paste in
a bash window, I can copy ( cut is probably the wrong term anyway )
without problems ( no surprise there ) however pasting into a bash
window causes it to stop responding.... apparently pasting into the "DOS
Box" uses a message which BASH ( or the readline librbary?? ) doesn't
handle. I would have thought that maybe windows would just "echo" the
keyboard input to it, however this doesn't seem to be the case......

	Also, I would like to know if anyone has attempted to make a "true"
working xterm, ie.. one that would work as an X client, to be used
across the network. I tried however I couldn't find a work around for
the lack of pty support in cygwin.dll..... hopefully Cygnus is
considering this in a future release????
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".