Subject: telnetd and tcsh/bash/command.com ??
From: [email-masked] ("Lewis W. Beard")

28 Feb 1997 23:38:40 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: <[email-masked]>
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Priority: 3
X-Mailer: Microsoft Internet Mail 4.70.1155
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

All,

I read the FAQ and saw no list of pointers to ported software. I DID see a
list of some ported software on the main cygwin32 web page. I did not see the
software I'm looking for.

Specifically, I wanted to know if anyone had ported telnetd and tcsh (or
other shell) to win95. I'd like to be able to set up telnetd so I could log
in to my remote 95 machine and kick off programs, edit files, kick off
compilation jobs, and everything else, just like I would under linux. Has
anyone ported this? Is it possible under 95?

I've seen some freeware and purchaseware rshd things on the net, but none of
these allow me to actually be running bash or command.com (yuk) or NT's
cmd.exe (tho I will be doing this on 95). I just want telnetd and the ability
to have a remote login session as if I were at a ... yuk ... DOS prompt. Is
such possible??

Lewis

Lewis W. Beard ...... [email-masked] ...... http://madpiper.atii.com/lewis/
"Dirty Work" Editor of COAST TO COAST, The Glenn Hughes Electronic Fanzine!
The GLENN HUGHES WWW PAGE has an ALL-NEW URL:   http://madpiper.atii.com/gh
"There Ain't No More Cane On The Brazos; Whoa-Oh-Ho....Oh! Well They Ground
 It All Up In Molasses; Whoa-Oh-Ho....Oh-Ho." -Traditional

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".