Subject: RE: Sound, NetConnection & GL not ready?
From: [email-masked] (Colin Peters)

28 Feb 1997 12:08:30 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <01BC2583.A4C13440.cygnus.gnu-win32@gbird0>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: "'Chin Chee-Kai'" <[email-masked]>
Original-Cc: "'GNU-Win32'" <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Chin Chee-Kai[SMTP:[email-masked]] wrote:
>Also, when I've compiled a project using libglaux.a 
>(and probably libglu32.a;  I'm not quite sure), I got the
>messages (displayed as an error dialog on Win95):
>-------------------------------------------------------------
>A required DLL GLAUX.DLL was not found?????
>A required DLL OPENGL32.DLL was not found?????
>-------------------------------------------------------------

OpenGL did not ship with Windows 95, so this was probably a
system that did not have the OpenGL upgrade installed (you
can download it from Microsoft if I remember correctly).

>Subject: Functions not present in libs
>/2.c:2646: undefined reference to `OpenSound@0'
>/2.c:2655: undefined reference to `CloseSound@0'
>/2.c:2664: undefined reference to `StartSound@0'
>/2.c:2673: undefined reference to `StopSound@0'
>/2.c:2686: undefined reference to `WaitSoundState@4'
>/2.c:2697: undefined reference to `SyncAllVoices@0'
>/2.c:2710: undefined reference to `CountVoiceNotes@4'
>/2.c:2734: undefined reference to `GetThresholdStatus@0'
>/2.c:2747: undefined reference to `SetSoundNoise@8'
>/2.c:2761: undefined reference to `SetVoiceAccent@20'
>/2.c:2775: undefined reference to `SetVoiceEnvelope@12'
>/2.c:2788: undefined reference to `SetVoiceNote@16'
>/2.c:2802: undefined reference to `SetVoiceQueueSize@8'
>/2.c:2815: undefined reference to `SetVoiceSound@12'
>/2.c:2828: undefined reference to `SetVoiceThreshold@8'

The above functions are all related to the obsolete
multimedia interface of Windows 2.0 (and possibly 3.0).
Even in the Windows 3.1 SDK documentation they are listed
as obsolete, and in Win32 they are deleted. Use the Win32
multimedia functions instead (e.g. PlaySound).

>/4.c:2156: undefined reference to `AbortDoc'
>/4.c:2182: undefined reference to `AbortPath'

Interestingly these are new with Win32. They should be defined
in libgdi32.a. However, it looks like they are not prototyped
with __stdcall__ (or WINAPI or STDCALL) because they should be
AbortDoc@4 and AbortPath@4. This appears to be a bug in the
headers (Windows32/Functions.h line 856 to 857, the prototypes
should be preceded with the STDCALL keyword, some of the
surrounding prototypes also look suspicious too).

>/4.c:5916: undefined reference to `WNetConnectionDialog@8'
>/4.c:5929: undefined reference to `WNetDisconnectDialog@8'
>/4.c:5942: undefined reference to `WNetCloseEnum@4'

These should be defined in libmpr.a.

>/4.c:6176: undefined reference to `wglCreateLayerContext@8'
>/4.c:6189: undefined reference to `wglCopyContext@12'
>/4.c:6289: undefined reference to `wglRealizeLayerPalette@12'
>/4.c:6328: undefined reference to `wglSwapLayerBuffers@8'

I can't find any mention of these functions in the .def files
that I have (but they are in the header files). This is probably
because I only have the .def files from the win32-api.0.1.2
package and haven't looked at the ones from the full source
distribution from Cygnus. A simple grep on those source .def
files should tell you what library you need to link in.

Colin.

-- Colin Peters - [email-masked]
-- Saga University Dept. of Information Science
-- http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/index.html
-- http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Towers/6162/

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".