Subject: Re: Cygnus Win32 B17.1: Port of Cyclic Software CVS 1.9
From: [email-masked] (Jim Kingdon)

27 Feb 1997 17:46:51 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-CC: [email-masked], [email-masked]
In-reply-to: 
	<c=US%a=_%p=TELXON%l=TELXON/TLXUSEX1/[email-masked]>
	([email-masked])
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

> Actually, given cygwin32, much of the 'windows-NT' directory is no
> longer needed.

At least for the time being, I, personally, expect to continue using
Visual C++ and not cygwin32.  So it would probably be a matter of
having two different ports rather than one replacing the other.

> There are more than just WinNT-specific modifications below.  There are
> several bug fixes to CVS 1.9 itself.  I have no time remaining on this
> effort to sort out each and every one, however.

Until this and other such items can be sorted out, it is somewhat
unlikely that I, personally, will have time to look at the diffs.
Maybe someone else will want to...

> Now, if someone will just port tkcvs to WinNT/Cygwin32...

Check out the NT port at http://www.cyclic.com/tkcvs.  I haven't run
it myself, but as far as I know it works.  The author has made some
noises about a new version--if that interests you, I'd suggest
subscribing to the tkcvs-discuss mailing list (see the same web page)
and bringing up the topic there.
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".