Subject: gcc-win32 b17.1 cc1plus err 1121 - What does it mean?
From: [email-masked] (Jonathan Lanier)

26 Feb 1997 12:02:44 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <Pine.SOL.3.91.970226103906.5621C-100000.cygnus.gnu-win32@westmain>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I've just now subscribed to the GCC-Win32 mailing list and haven't 
actually received anything from it yet, so please bear with me if I'm 
re-posting something old, or if I'm not posting in the correct format.  
I'm in a bit of a hurry...

Please don't consider this a bug report, because I don't even know if
this is a problem with the compiler, but I have a rather complex program
(true C++, with template classes, etc.) that GCC for Win32 doesn't like.

I'm attempting to compile with b17.1 under Win95, and the compiler
keeps hanging in an infinite loop, printing '(..[path to
compiler]\cc1plus.exe 1121): In cygwin_except_handler' and scrolls away,
forever, whenever I try to compile this module...

I checked all the FAQs, the READMEs, and anything else I could get my
hands on but I have no list of internal Cygnus compiler error messages.
I'm on a 64MB system with plenty of hard drive space.  I can compile
with the -E switch (preprocess) and get a .ii file just fine, so I know
that the problem is not in the preprocessor.  But any attempts to compile
the .ii file result in the same infinite loop.

Am I overflowing some internal table limit, or stack limit, of GCC?  I'm
using the b17.1 binaries downloaded from the Cygnus web site.  Any help
at all would be most humbly appreciated, especially if anyone out there 
knows what this error message means.  If I'm running out of stack space, 
or something, is there any way to fix this?  I'd hate to have to rebuild 
from source but I wouldn't mind doing it if it was necessary.

If it's relevant, I'm making a native Win32 app (no cygwin DLL) with the 
minimalist GCC-Win32 include files/libs/startup code.

- Jonathan Lanier
  [email-masked]
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".