Subject: install*
From: [email-masked] (Chin Chee-Kai)

26 Feb 1997 01:30:34 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
X-Authentication-Warning: gatekeeper.gen.co.jp: smap set sender to <[email-masked]> using -f
Original-To: [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Some news.  So far, bison and flex both compiled fine, and 
seems to run fine.  Flex, for example, compiled out-of-the-box
with "./configure", "make all", and "make install".  All went
fine, except I've got this message:

/CYGNUS/H-I386-CYGWIN32/BIN/install -c flex /usr/local/bin/flex
/CYGNUS/H-I386-CYGWIN32/BIN/install: flex: No such file or directory

Of course, the binary exists as "flex.exe*".
So, how about tweaking "install" a bit like the way "gcc -o" is done,
to append ".exe" automatically if this extension isn't present in
the installing target's name?  This will really make the 
"assimilation" of Win95 platform to Unix installation complete :)

(Sorry if this has been discussed;  just a little excited).

Chin Chee-Kai (Last, First)
Internet Email-ID:	[email-masked]
Gen Tech Corporation

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".