Subject: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION from cc and make
From: [email-masked] (Per Kofod)

23 Feb 1997 17:49:29 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.0GoldC-SGI (X11; I; IRIX 6.2 IP22)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hi

I just installed cygnus v17 on my pentium running windown95, I have got
bash, man and the different utilities running OK, but make and the
compiler is giving trouble:

trying to just compile a hello world program, I get the following error:

(H:\cygnus\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-961023/cc1.exe
1009) In cygwin_except_handler
(H:\cygnus\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-961023/cc1.exe
1009) Exception trapped!
(H:\cygnus\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-961023/cc1.exe
1009) exception C0000005 at 596C01
(H:\cygnus\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-961023/cc1.exe
1009) exception: ax 0 bx 48403FC cx 48403F0 dx 4835738
(H:\cygnus\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-961023/cc1.exe
1009) exception: si 4840394 di 48403FC bp 26EF0DC sp 26EF0B8
(H:\cygnus\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-961023/cc1.exe
1009) exception is: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
(H:\cygnus\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-961023/cc1.exe
1009) Stack trace:
 and a long stack trace

The same thing happens with make, and the C++ compiler, another strange
synptom, is that after this error, my scrollbars stops working in
windows.

Anybody have an idear of what is wrong?

There are write permission to all the directories.
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".