Subject: wxwin port to mingw32
From: [email-masked] (Keith Garry Boyce )

21 Feb 1997 18:07:22 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Cc: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Chameleon ATX 6.0.1, Standards Based IntraNet Solutions, NetManage Inc.
X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I responded to the original press artical about the change in licencing about
gnu-win32. I have been watching the discussion since but I think now it's time to
implement the move from gnu-win32 to mingw32. To set the president I have began porting
wxwin to mingw32 from the initial port I did to gnu-win32. I am getting the following
errors (What am I missing?). 

If anyone has any suggestions feel free to contribute... Also other people who want
to port their programs to mingw32 then also please do.

gcc  -Wl,--subsystem,windows -mwindows -L../../lib -o hello.exe hello.rsc objects/hello.o  
.../../lib/libwx.a -lstdc++ -lwinspool -lwinmm -lshell32 -loldnames -lcomctl32 -lctl3d32 -lodbc32  
objects/hello.o: In function `MyTextWindow::OnChar(wxKeyEvent &)':
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/samples/hello/hello.cpp:804: undefined reference to `_ctype_'
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/samples/hello/hello.cpp:810: undefined reference to `_ctype_'
.../../lib/libwx.a(wb_utils.o): In function `wxIsAbsolutePath(char const *)':
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/src/base/wb_utils.cpp:499: undefined reference to `_ctype_'
.../../lib/libwx.a(wb_utils.o): In function `wxExpandPath(char *, char const *)':
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/src/base/wb_utils.cpp:690: undefined reference to `_ctype_'
.../../lib/libwx.a(wb_utils.o): In function `wxFileNameFromPath(char *)':
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/src/base/wb_utils.cpp:830: undefined reference to `_ctype_'
.../../lib/libwx.a(wb_utils.o):/USR/garp/src/wxwin/src/base/wb_utils.cpp:880: more undefined 
references to `_ctype_' follow
.../../lib/libwx.a(wb_utils.o): In function `wxConcatFiles(char const *, char const *, char const *)':
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/src/base/wb_utils.cpp:984: undefined reference to `__srget'
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/src/base/wb_utils.cpp:985: undefined reference to `__swbuf'
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/src/base/wb_utils.cpp:985: undefined reference to `__swbuf'
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/src/base/wb_utils.cpp:988: undefined reference to `__srget'
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/src/base/wb_utils.cpp:989: undefined reference to `__swbuf'
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/src/base/wb_utils.cpp:989: undefined reference to `__swbuf'
.../../lib/libwx.a(wb_utils.o): In function `wxCopyFile(char const *, char const *)':
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/src/base/wb_utils.cpp:1014: undefined reference to `__srget'
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/src/base/wb_utils.cpp:1015: undefined reference to `__swbuf'
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/src/base/wb_utils.cpp:1015: undefined reference to `__swbuf'
.../../lib/libwx.a(wx_mf.o): In function `wxMakeMetaFilePlaceable(char *, int, int, int, int, float, 
int)':
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/src/msw/wx_mf.cpp:431: undefined reference to `__srget'
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/src/msw/wx_mf.cpp:434: undefined reference to `__swbuf'
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/src/msw/wx_mf.cpp:434: undefined reference to `__swbuf'
.../../lib/libwx.a(wb_timer.o): In function `wxStartTimer(void)':
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/src/base/wb_timer.cpp:91: undefined reference to `gettimeofday'
.../../lib/libwx.a(wb_timer.o): In function `wxGetElapsedTime(int)':
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/src/base/wb_timer.cpp:115: undefined reference to `gettimeofday'
.../../lib/libwx.a(wb_timer.o): In function `wxGetLocalTime(long *, int *)':
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/src/base/wb_timer.cpp:158: undefined reference to `gettimeofday'
.../../lib/libwx.a(wb_res.o): In function `wxEatWhiteSpace(__sFILE *)':
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/src/base/wb_res.cpp:1297: undefined reference to `__srget'
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/src/base/wb_res.cpp:1306: undefined reference to `__srget'
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/src/base/wb_res.cpp:1310: undefined reference to `__srget'
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/src/base/wb_res.cpp:1316: undefined reference to `__srget'
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/src/base/wb_res.cpp:1321: undefined reference to `__srget'
.../../lib/libwx.a(wb_res.o):/USR/garp/src/wxwin/src/base/wb_res.cpp:1346: more undefined references 
to `__srget' follow
.../../lib/libwx.a(wb_res.o): In function `wxResourceReadOneResource(__sFILE *, PrologDatabase &, int 
*, wxResourceTable *)':
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/src/base/wb_res.cpp:1426: undefined reference to `_ctype_'
.../../lib/libwx.a(wb_res.o): In function `wxResourceParseWord(char *, int *)':
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/src/base/wb_res.cpp:1561: undefined reference to `_ctype_'
.../../lib/libwx.a(wb_res.o): In function `wxResourceParseIncludeFile(char *, wxResourceTable *)':
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/src/base/wb_res.cpp:2294: undefined reference to `_ctype_'
.../../lib/libwx.a(wb_res.o): In function `wxResourceReadOneResourceString(char *, PrologDatabase &, 
int *, wxResourceTable *)':
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/src/base/wb_res.cpp:2463: undefined reference to `_ctype_'
.../../lib/libwx.a(read.o): In function `PrologExpr::WritePrologExpr(ostream &)':
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/utils/prologio/src/read.cpp:696: undefined reference to `_ctype_'
.../../lib/libwx.a(read.o):/USR/garp/src/wxwin/utils/prologio/src/read.cpp:696: more undefined 
references to `_ctype_' follow
.../../lib/libwx.a(wxstrgnu.o): In function `wxString::Index(char const *, int, wxString::CaseCompare) 
const':
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/contrib/wxstring/wxstrgnu.cpp:255: undefined reference to `__assert'
.../../lib/libwx.a(wxstrgnu.o): In function `wxString::Contains(char const *, wxString::CaseCompare) 
const':
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/contrib/wxstring/wxstrgnu.cpp:285: undefined reference to `__assert'
.../../lib/libwx.a(wxstrgnu.o): In function `wxString::First(char const *) const':
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/contrib/wxstring/wxstrgnu.cpp:317: undefined reference to `__assert'
.../../lib/libwx.a(wxstrgnu.o): In function `wxString::Last(char const *) const':
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/contrib/wxstring/wxstrgnu.cpp:343: undefined reference to `__assert'
.../../lib/libwx.a(wxstrgnu.o): In function `wxString::Insert(int, char const *)':
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/contrib/wxstring/wxstrgnu.cpp:384: undefined reference to `__assert'
.../../lib/libwx.a(wxstrgnu.o):/USR/garp/src/wxwin/contrib/wxstring/wxstrgnu.cpp:386: more undefined 
references to `__assert' follow
.../../lib/libwx.a(wxstrgnu.o): In function `Supcase(wxStrRep const *, wxStrRep *)':
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/contrib/wxstring/wxstrgnu.cpp:1459: undefined reference to `_ctype_'
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/contrib/wxstring/wxstrgnu.cpp:1459: undefined reference to `_ctype_'
.../../lib/libwx.a(wxstrgnu.o): In function `Sdowncase(wxStrRep const *, wxStrRep *)':
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/contrib/wxstring/wxstrgnu.cpp:1469: undefined reference to `_ctype_'
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/contrib/wxstring/wxstrgnu.cpp:1469: undefined reference to `_ctype_'
.../../lib/libwx.a(wxstrgnu.o): In function `Scapitalize(wxStrRep const *, wxStrRep *)':
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/contrib/wxstring/wxstrgnu.cpp:1483: undefined reference to `_ctype_'
.../../lib/libwx.a(wxstrgnu.o):/USR/garp/src/wxwin/contrib/wxstring/wxstrgnu.cpp:1484: more undefined 
references to `_ctype_' follow
.../../lib/libwx.a(y_tab.o): In function `PROIO_yylex':
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/utils/prologio/src/lex_yy.c:591: undefined reference to `_impure_ptr'
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/utils/prologio/src/lex_yy.c:594: undefined reference to `_impure_ptr'
.../../lib/libwx.a(y_tab.o): In function `yy_fatal_error':
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/utils/prologio/src/lex_yy.c:1517: undefined reference to `_impure_ptr'
.../../lib/libwx.a(wxregex.o): In function `wxRE_compile_pattern':
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/contrib/wxstring/wxregex.cpp:976: undefined reference to `_ctype_'
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/contrib/wxstring/wxregex.cpp:976: undefined reference to `_ctype_'
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/contrib/wxstring/wxregex.cpp:976: undefined reference to `_ctype_'
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/contrib/wxstring/wxregex.cpp:976: undefined reference to `_ctype_'
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/contrib/wxstring/wxregex.cpp:976: undefined reference to `_ctype_'
.../../lib/libwx.a(wxregex.o):/USR/garp/src/wxwin/contrib/wxstring/wxregex.cpp:976: more undefined 
references to `_ctype_' follow
.../../lib/libwx.a(wxregex.o): In function `wxRE_compile_pattern':
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/contrib/wxstring/wxregex.cpp:1240: undefined reference to `_impure_ptr'
.../../lib/libwx.a(wxregex.o): In function `wxRE_match_2':
/USR/garp/src/wxwin/contrib/wxstring/wxregex.cpp:2535: undefined reference to `_impure_ptr'
C:\usr\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-961023/../../../libstdc++.a(streambuf.o)
: In function `streambuf::sys_stat(void *)':
/pizza/mushroom/noer/beta17/src/libio/streambuf.cc:272: undefined reference to `__errno'
C:\usr\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-961023/../../../libstdc++.a(iostream.o):
 In function `skip_ws(streambuf *)':
/pizza/mushroom/noer/beta17/src/libio/iostream.cc:54: undefined reference to `_ctype_'
C:\usr\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-961023/../../../libstdc++.a(iostream.o):
 In function `istream::_rs(char *)':
/pizza/mushroom/noer/beta17/src/libio/iostream.cc:200: undefined reference to `_ctype_'
C:\usr\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-961023/../../../libstdc++.a(iostream.o):
 In function `ostream::do_osfx(void)':
/pizza/mushroom/noer/beta17/src/libio/iostream.cc:789: undefined reference to `_impure_ptr'
/pizza/mushroom/noer/beta17/src/libio/iostream.cc:790: undefined reference to `_impure_ptr'
C:\usr\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-961023/../../../libstdc++.a(fileops.o): 
In function `IO_file_fopen':
/pizza/mushroom/noer/beta17/src/libio/fileops.c:171: undefined reference to `__errno'
C:\usr\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-961023/../../../libstdc++.a(fileops.o): 
In function `IO_file_sync':
/pizza/mushroom/noer/beta17/src/libio/fileops.c:368: undefined reference to `__errno'
C:\usr\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-961023/../../../libstdc++.a(fileops.o): 
In function `IO_file_read':
/pizza/mushroom/noer/beta17/src/libio/fileops.c:537: undefined reference to `__errno'
C:\usr\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-961023/../../../libstdc++.a(fileops.o): 
In function `IO_file_write':
/pizza/mushroom/noer/beta17/src/libio/fileops.c:576: undefined reference to `__errno'
C:\usr\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-961023/../../../libstdc++.a(stdstrbufs.o
): In function `GLOBAL_$I$_IO_stdin_':
/pizza/mushroom/noer/beta17/src/libio/stdstrbufs.cc:110: undefined reference to `_impure_ptr'
/pizza/mushroom/noer/beta17/src/libio/stdstrbufs.cc:111: undefined reference to `_impure_ptr'
/pizza/mushroom/noer/beta17/src/libio/stdstrbufs.cc:112: undefined reference to `_impure_ptr'
C:\usr\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-961023/../../../libstdc++.a(floatconv.o)
: In function `IO_strtod':
/pizza/mushroom/noer/beta17/src/libio/floatconv.c:1287: undefined reference to `__errno'
/pizza/mushroom/noer/beta17/src/libio/floatconv.c:1295: undefined reference to `__infinity'
/pizza/mushroom/noer/beta17/src/libio/floatconv.c:1295: undefined reference to `__infinity'
/pizza/mushroom/noer/beta17/src/libio/floatconv.c:1337: undefined reference to `__errno'
C:\usr\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-961023/../../../libstdc++.a(stdiostream.
o): In function `stdiobuf::sys_read(char *, long)':
/pizza/mushroom/noer/beta17/src/libio/stdiostream.cc:77: undefined reference to `__srget'
C:\usr\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-961023/../../../libstdc++.a(iovfscanf.o)
: In function `IO_vfscanf':
/pizza/mushroom/noer/beta17/src/libio/iovfscanf.c:154: undefined reference to `_ctype_'
/pizza/mushroom/noer/beta17/src/libio/iovfscanf.c:161: undefined reference to `_ctype_'
/pizza/mushroom/noer/beta17/src/libio/iovfscanf.c:308: undefined reference to `_ctype_'
/pizza/mushroom/noer/beta17/src/libio/iovfscanf.c:328: undefined reference to `_ctype_'
/pizza/mushroom/noer/beta17/src/libio/iovfscanf.c:430: undefined reference to `_ctype_'
C:\usr\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-961023/../../../libstdc++.a(iovfscanf.o)
:/pizza/mushroom/noer/beta17/src/libio/iovfscanf.c:442: more undefined references to `_ctype_' follow
make: *** [hello] Error 1

-------------------------------------
Name: Garry Boyce
E-mail: [email-masked] (Garry Boyce)
Date: 12/01/94
Time: 08:46:10

This message was sent by Chameleon 
-------------------------------------

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".