Subject: buulding gnu win32 from source???
From: [email-masked] (Reed Kotler Consulting)

19 Feb 1997 08:27:50 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
X-Sender: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0 (32)
Original-To: GNU-WIN32 <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Has anyone (not working at cygnus), built the gcc for windows
NT from scratch from source???

Is it as simple as just downloading the latest sources from
(where? prep.ai.mit.edu/pub/gnu??), installing the cygnus
environment and saying gmake??

Also, I've gotten lost on this whole thread regarding the GPL
for windows NT.

Is it the case that even today, cygnus has some proprietary claim
to part of the NT port???

Thanks in advance.

reed

Reed Kotler
http://www.reedkotler.com  home of a nice unix like toolset for windows NT/95
http://www.justjazz.com    home of a jazz musicians discussion list
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".