Subject: Re: probs porting ssh
From: [email-masked] (Martin Hamilton)

18 Feb 1997 22:14:22 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/signed; boundary="==_Exmh_-481694896P";
	micalg=pgp-md5; protocol="application/pgp-signature"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: exmh version 2.0gamma 1/27/97
Original-To: Sheik <[email-masked]>
Original-Cc: [email-masked]
X-Uri: <URL:http://www.net.lut.ac.uk/~martin>
In-Reply-To: Your message of "Mon, 17 Feb 1997 04:40:34 CST."
             <[email-masked]> 
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

--==_Exmh_-481694896P
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

Sheik writes:

| Just joined the list, sorry if some of this might be repeating old
| messages.

Weeeell... :-)

| If anyone has solved this prob, or has actually done the ssh port, I sure
| would love to hear how ya did it =)

I've hacked it around at bit - you can grab the source for my initial
attempt, which is just hacking around the problem areas and not a
serious attempt to "port" (no #ifdefs, for instance) at <URL:ftp://
ftp.net.lut.ac.uk/martin/ssh-win32>

A couple of other people have done native NT ports.  But... I'm
primarily interested in making it work under Win95 ;-)

Am concerned about (wait for it!) the copyright situation, though.  I 
think I might prefer to start again from scratch with a copy of the 
ssh protocol spec and some of the free crypto libraries.  What do you 
reckon to this aspect ?

Cheerio,

Martin

--==_Exmh_-481694896P
Content-Type: application/pgp-signature

--==_Exmh_-481694896P--
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".