Subject: bash and the missing clear command
From: [email-masked]

18 Feb 1997 11:56:09 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: "GNU-WIN32" <[email-masked]>
X-Mailer: MR/2 Internet Cruiser Edition for OS/2 v1.24(null) 
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I'm looking for a "clear" command under bash that will clear the screen in
the same way that cls does in a DOS session.  All I can think of at the
moment is creating a function that echo's the ANSI clear screen control
sequence, but would rather not make ansi.sys a requirement for this
application.

Anyone tackle this problem already?

Doug

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked]
-----------------------------------------------------------

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".