Subject: Re: Cygwin32 Press Release 1/21/97
From: Stan Shebs <[email-masked]>

18 Feb 1997 11:30:53 -0800
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
X-Newsreader: Gnus v5.3/Emacs 19.34

[email-masked] ("Grant Leslie") writes:

> 	Basically I would like to know if I should just pull off the
> binaries I have posted, or if I am required to place the sources on
> the same server to remain "legal"????

You're not required to put the sources up for ftp on your site, but if
you don't, then you're supposed to respond when somebody phones or
sends paper mail (yes, this really happens) or whatever, asking for
sources.  If they're satisfied with a pointer elsewhere, *and* the
elsewhere actually works, then you don't have to do anything more.
But it's kind of a nuisance to deal with lots of individual contacts
of that sort, so the simplest thing is just to leave an archive of the
sources in the same place as the binaries.  You don't have to make it
particularly easy or convenient to get at the sources, so do it in a
way that saves you the most trouble.

							Stan