Subject: Re: anyone know of a good IDE? -Reply
From: [email-masked] (Ed Huott)

16 Feb 1997 16:49:07 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: Jim Balter <[email-masked]>
Original-cc: [email-masked]
In-reply-to: Your message of "Sat, 15 Feb 1997 19:10:31 PST."
             <[email-masked]> 
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

In message <[email-masked]>, Jim Balter writes:
>Ed Huott wrote:
>>
>> We're using a standard GNU Emacs distribution (19.31.1) built natively
>> for win32 right out of the box with MSVC. (MSVC build support comes
>> included.)  It's been working great on NT 3.51 and NT 4.0, especially
>> when combined with a set of standard Unix style utilities.  (We're
>> using mostly the cygwin32 stuff, but also some of the POSIX utilities
>> from the NT 3.51 Resource Kit.)  At this point, you'll probably want
>> to use the 19.34 release since it fixes a (very) minor problem with
>> repainting frame windows that have been obscured by other windows.
>
>Note that this *is* ntemacs.  The ntemacs sources are incorporated
>into the GNU release; the binaries that you can get from the ntemacs
>page (ftp.cs.washington.edu/pub/ntemacs/latest) are built with MSVC
>from the same GNU sources.  Calling this "out of the box" may be a bit
>misleading, since the box contains all of ntemacs author Geoff Voelker's
>glue code.
>
Ah, thanks for the clarification.  I pulled the source distribution
off of a GNU mirror and didn't realize the connection it had with
"ntemacs."

<ED>
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".