Subject: Re: Cygnus Cygwin32 Press Release 1/21/97
From: [email-masked] (Ted Lemon)

13 Feb 1997 03:25:10 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: Jim Balter <[email-masked]>
Original-cc: [email-masked]
In-reply-to: Your message of "Wed, 12 Feb 1997 14:06:30 PST."
             <[email-masked]> 
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

> I haven't seem anyone here flaming Cygnus.

Hm.   Maybe we're reading different mailing lists.

> Perhaps you mistake critical commentary for flames.

The term flame is essentially synonymous with the phrase ``critical
commentary'', although there is the connotation that a flame involves
the loss of temper, and perhaps a bit of ranting.   By that
definition, I suppose you could indeed characterize my previous
message as a mild flame, but I've seen several messages aimed at
Cygnus' press release which I would characterize as flames, but not as
mild.

I'm not against occasional flaming - it's just that this particular
flamefest, like many in recent history on this mailing list, has gone
beyond the stage of expressing disgruntlement, and has degenerated to
noise.   It is no longer constructive, and it would be good if it
would stop.

> The only thing I have seen from you on this mailing list are
> patronizing notes telling people what not to post

I don't post many messages on this mailing list, so you actually have
to read for content in order to notice my postings.  Since you have
only noticed two of the three flames that I have posted to this list,
and not the ~10 messages requesting information or answering
questions, I can only conclude that your purpose in participating in
this mailing list is to flame.

If you don't like having meaningful content in your inbox crowding out
the flames, I suggest that you consider subscribing to alt.flame
instead of this mailing list.

			       _MelloN_
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".