Subject: Re: tar under NT unable to make raw floppies
From: [email-masked] ("Carl D. Roth")

12 Feb 1997 19:23:39 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/signed; boundary="==_Exmh_416468055P";
	micalg=pgp-md5; protocol="application/pgp-signature"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: Your message of "Tue, 11 Feb 1997 16:47:40 MST."
             <[email-masked]> 
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

--==_Exmh_416468055P
Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
 boundary="Multipart_Wed_Feb_12_11:16:57_1997-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--Multipart_Wed_Feb_12_11:16:57_1997-1
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII

==> "ea" == Erik Andersen <[email-masked]> writes:

    ea> I would guess that merging the "rawrite2" DOS program (GPLed,
    ea> and often distributed with various Linux distributions for
    ea> writing kernel image files directly to floppy) may do the
    ea> trick here.

This raises an interesting point.  Has *anyone* out there gotten a
version of rawrite to work under Win95 DOS shell or NT?  The last time
I made a linux boot floppy, I had to use a Sun workstation to write
the floppy image...

--Multipart_Wed_Feb_12_11:16:57_1997-1
Content-Type: text/plain;name=.signature; charset=US-ASCII

Carl Roth  mailto:[email-masked]  (finger for PGP public key)
--Multipart_Wed_Feb_12_11:16:57_1997-1--

--==_Exmh_416468055P
Content-Type: application/pgp-signature

--==_Exmh_416468055P--
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".