Subject: Re: Cygnus Cygwin32 Press Release 1/21/97
From: [email-masked] (Stan Shebs)

12 Feb 1997 19:15:20 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-CC: [email-masked]
In-reply-to: <[email-masked]> (message from
	Keith Gary Boyce on Wed, 12 Feb 97 19: 47:30 -0500)
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

   Date: Wed, 12 Feb 97 19:47:30 -0500
   From: Keith Gary Boyce  <[email-masked]>

   Ok I agree with this is some regard except that Cygnus offers no guarantees 
   that you wouldn't come after me any time in the future.
      i.e. if I post an app on the web and lots of people download it and
	   use it. Let's say I don't post the source at that time.
	   If I later decide to commercialize it and devise a way to not
	   link it against cygwin32 then someone may come to me asking me
	   for the source of the original code (a compeditor to my new code)
	   and legally I would have to give them. 

That could certainly happen.  You would have to decide ahead of time
whether you wanted to be commercial or not.  I really hate the
practice of peppering the world with some binary to see how it goes,
then deciding to charge money and hoard the source if it becomes
popular, so you're not going to get much sympathy from me.  Not an
official Cygnus viewpoint though...

							Stan

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".