Subject: Problems with gcc
From: [email-masked] (Dinesh Jindal)

12 Feb 1997 18:41:25 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.01Gold (WinNT; I)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hello,
I am working on a project which was originally written for Unix 
platforms. This program uses gnu classes and written specifically 
for compiling with GCC. 
Now I am trying to get it compiled under WINNT. Using cygwin-32
vversion of gcc, I was able to compile all the files but at link time 
I am getting these errors:
>>>>>>>
\\cygnus\\include\\g++/alloc.h:530: multiple definition of
`malloc_alloc::oom_malloc(unsigned int)'
\\cygnus\\include\\g++/alloc.h:544: multiple definition of
`malloc_alloc::oom_realloc(void *, unsigned int)'
 multiple definition of `__default_alloc_template<false, 0>::start_free'
<<<<<<<<<
and other similar messages.
I noticed that alloc.h is using _WIN32THREADS flag. I tried using it
but the situation remained same. I even tried _NOTHREADS without
any improvement.
Actually alloc.h gets included in my files through vector.h. The 
vector.h file in cygnus gcc version is different from gcc includes 
under Unix platforms in the sense that on Unix there is no file called
alloc.h under gcc includes and vector.h doesn't refer to it.

Could someone please give an indication as to what might me wrong. The
same program builds fine under SGI and SUN using 2.7.2 version of GCC.

Also could someone please give an idea as to what need to be done
for building gcc 2.7.2.1 under NT. I downloaded the sources and tried
to make it using both the methods described in INSTALL file. In the
first method using nmake and VC++ compiler 'cl' I get struck after
building 'enquire.exe'. The enquire.exe thus build is not right and 
crashes while executing ./enquire -f > tmp_float.h.
Using second method i.e. building gcc under bash shell and using cygwin
version of gcc doesn't go through even the first files compilation.

I'll really appreciate any help in this regard.

Cheers!
Dinesh Jindal
--------------------------------------------------------------------
<[email-masked]>
" Your Conscience Never Stops You From Doing Anything, It Just Stops
  You From Enjoying It. "
---------------------------------------------------------------------

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".