Subject: Re: Cygnus Cygwin32 Press Release 1/21/97
From: [email-masked] (Marcus G. Daniels)

11 Feb 1997 23:41:38 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: "A. Phillip Smith"'s message of Tue, 11 Feb 1997 12:46:38 -0800 (PST)
X-Mailer: Gnus v5.3/Emacs 19.34
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

>>>>> "APS" == A Phillip Smith <[email-masked]> writes:

APS> The issue/problem with Cygnus is that clarification on licensing
APS> terms were not issued until in the more recent
APS> distributions.

Cygnus needs a tool and so they implement a tool.  Cygnus shares the
tool, and explains that this is the situation.  Cygnus hopes users
will be collaborators and not lusers.  But, in light of the purpose of the
tool, lusers necessarily dominate.

Meanwhile, Cygnus Support becomes Cygnus Solutions; they communicate
their increased capacity for lusers, and in this case specifically.

Happy-happy-joyfully, in doing so, they retain goodwill towards their
free software colleagues, continuing on with the GPLed 'net distribution.

Life is grand.

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".