Subject: Re: g77 (v0.5.19) patch for b17
From: [email-masked] ("Kan, Masahiro")

11 Feb 1997 19:13:24 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
X-Mailer: Denshin 8 Go V321.1b6
Original-To: <[email-masked]>
In-Reply-To: Your message of "Sun, 09 Feb 1997 15:02:33 -0600"
 	<[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Mumit Khan wrote;

> Here's what I had sent the g77 maintainers Dec 9, 1996. I've built g77
> as a cross-compiler *only*, and not as a native toolchain. Please make
> sure that the correct flags are passed to f77-runtime, otherwise file
> I/O goes to hell (see below for mor info).

    Thanks for your posting the patch for g77 and gnu-win32.

    I tried based on your information.  First I tried a native one.  
Your patch for f/com.c worked fine.  But, I got an error in f/expr.c;
"macro `REAL_VALUE_FROM_INT` used with only 3 args."
This macro seems to be changed to have 4 args in gcc directory.
I compiled it using the files which was set by configuring Linux target.
f771/gcc/g77 were made, but it didn't work.

    Next, I tried a cross compiler under Linux, but encountered the same
error(f/expr.c).  Again, I compiled it using the files which was set by 
configuring Linux target. f771/gcc/g77 were made, and it worked for a 
very simple source, but the following error occurred when compiling a
large source; "Internal compiler error: program f771 got fatal signal 6".

    BTW, I found g77-0.5.19 in djgppv2, and recompiled it with g77-0.5.19.1,
the results was successful.  So, I achieved my purpose.

    At the last, thanks again for your valuable information.

Best regards,
---------------------------------
Masahiro Kan
Surge Arrester Dept.,Hamakawasaki-Works,
TOSHIBA Corporation,Japan
E-MAIL:"Masahiro Kan at Toshiba"<[email-masked]>
       "Masahiro Kan at Home"<[email-masked]>
WWW(ATP-EMTP-jp): http://club.infopepper.or.jp/~kanmasahiro
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".