Subject: DLL question
From: [email-masked]

10 Feb 1997 21:54:41 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hi,

gnu-win32 is really great; I'm looking forward to the commercial release
as well (soon?).

I have a question about making DLLs, though.  Perhaps I missed something
in the documentation, but I really didn't find anything other than
the example program.  

I would like to make a DLL that I can load into Tcl under Windows NT.
This requires that the code that's in the DLL references symbols in
the Tcl executable.  A similar issue arises when trying to reference,
from a DLL, symbols in another DLL, symbols like "printf" or "socket".
I can't quite figure out how to do this with the gnu-win32 tools.
Is this possible at all?

For referencing "printf", what I tried was to use the example program,
stick a "printf" into one of the functions, and add "libc.a" and
"libcygwin.a" to the "ld" arguments.  This results in a successful link,
but when I try to run main.exe, I get an error message that "The dynamic
link library (l_lseek could not be found in the specified path" (the
"l" in "l_lseek" is bold face, and the paren is really there).

On a different note, I was wondering whether there was any pthread
support for gnu-win32 in the works; many of the network services
we are thinking about porting rely on it.

Thanks,
Thomas.
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".