Subject: Re: Cygnus Cygwin32 Press Release 1/21/97
From: [email-masked] (Ted Lemon)

10 Feb 1997 18:12:44 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: Sergey Okhapkin <[email-masked]>
Original-cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>,
        "'Keith Gary Boyce'" <[email-masked]>
In-reply-to: Your message of "Mon, 10 Feb 1997 13:35:57 +0300."
             <[email-masked]> 
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

> The main effort in gnu-win32 design made by Cygnus. Moreover, Cygnus plans 
> to make money only if someone wants to use gnu-win32 for _commercial_ 
> software.

Yup.  I guess I have trouble understanding why anybody would get upset
about what Cygnus is doing - you are free to write your own free
Cygwin32 DLL, and frankly, it wouldn't even be all that hard if you
started from the FSF libraries or the NetBSD libraries.  Furthermore,
you have the benefit of hindsight, which the implementors of Cygwin32
did not have, so what you come up with would probably benefit from
that.

			       _MelloN_
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".