Subject: Minor bug and a question
From: [email-masked] (Chris Cowan)

10 Feb 1997 13:47:19 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

First the bug:

I successfully built bison 1.25 and flex 2.5.4 with b17.1.  I did
encounter one minor annoyance.  When I did a "make install", it bombed
because install.exe was unable to find the binaries with the *.exe
suffix.

Presently, it appears that the gcc/g++ and the interactive shell do a
little magic so that bison and bison.exe (for example) are the same
executable.  However, it seems to me that it would be better to
actually make a hard link between the two file names, than try to
recognize the "context" where it would be used.  

I haven't looked at the cygwin source yet, but this will be a problem
for any program which will accept the name of a executable as an
argument.  

Now the question:

I am wondering how one goes about listing the exported symbol table of
a *.dll?   I tried using nm with no success.    Does Mircosoft ship a
comparable utility to nm?

Otherwise, kudos to Cygnus for a great environment,

-- 
Chris Cowan                         PSW Technologies, Inc.
[email-masked]                   Distributed Computing Systems
(512) 342-3635                      6300 Bridgepoint Pkwy, Bldg 3, Suite 200
(512) 345-4976 (fax)                Austin, TX 78730

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".