Subject: Re: du does not find all directories
From: [email-masked] (Ken Evans)

10 Feb 1997 10:31:52 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-CC: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
In-reply-to: <[email-masked]> (message from Jim Balter on Sat, 08
	Feb 1997 17: 56:47 -0800)
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

"JB" == Jim Balter <[email-masked]> writes:

 JB> I've also explained how you can fix du to not miss directories
 JB> and to not divide the number of 1K blocks by 2.  I've also
 JB> explained that that still won't be sufficient because cygwin's
 JB> st_blocks doesn't account for clustering.  Are my postings not
 JB> reaching your mailbox?

     Apparently, not all of them.  About the only thing I've NOT heard
in this thread is how to make it work, the only thing I really wanted
to know.  I've since written my own du, which does work.  (And found
out that my drive is full, not because of excessive bytes in files,
but because of the whole-cluster allocations.)

     Also, I just download the Cygnus GNU stuff, have not had time to
explore it, and don't know where to get the man pages that go with it.
I was under the impression that Sun 5 is reasonably POSIX compliant
and assumed the man pages there would be good enough.  I would be the
first to read the man pages if I knew where they were.

     Du was the first program I ran from the distrubution.  It clearly
was/is not an outstanding success.

     BTW, I do appreciate your time and interest.

	-ken

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".