Subject: RE: Mingw32 setup with b17.1 question
From: [email-masked] (Colin Peters)

10 Feb 1997 01:42:40 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <01BC1773.32050940.cygnus.gnu-win32@gbird0>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: "'Jim Case'" <[email-masked]>
Original-Cc: "'GNU-Win32'" <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Jim Case[SMTP:[email-masked]] wrote:
>I've been unable to get mingw32 to work with b17.1, and I suspect that
>it's either my environment variables or directory structure.  I'd
>appreciate a dump of the environment and dirs from someone who has it
>working and any other tips or pointers.

Sorry I can't be more help right away, but, ironically enough, I think
I should get down to doing up a mingw32 release 0.1.2 which will better
fit with b17.1 (and have some other extra goodies).

Here however, is a dump of my autoexec.bat environment variable settings
relevant to my GNU-Win32 setup, plus a "ls -R" dump of my /cygnus
directory, where most things live on my system. If were a bit more
specific about what exactly doesn't work and what kind of error messages
or other symptoms you have then I, or someone else, might be able to
give you some better tips.

I've moved things around, and deleted a lot of stuff from the original
Cygnus release, but this setup works fine for me. If I had more time
I'd try to tell you exactly how and why I did these things... but for
now, sorry :(.

I've cc'd the mailing list in the hopes that it might be of some help to
others who are also having trouble with mingw32 or GNU-Win32, or who just
want to see what an (almost) minimal installation of the GCC compiler on
Win32 looks like.

Hope this helps a little,

Colin.

Here's my directory structure under C:\cygnus. A few other tools like rcl,
cvtres and such are off in my C:\bin directory, but they'll work fine as
long as they're on the path. Cygwin.dll is in \windows\system.

cygnus:
H-i386-cygwin32/  include/          lib/              win32/            

cygnus/include:
gnu/      mingw32/  

cygnus/include/gnu: [definitely not necessary, my own work]
_G_config.h  

cygnus/include/mingw32:
assert.h  float.h   math.h    signal.h  stdio.h   sys/      wchar.h   
ctype.h   limits.h  nonansi/  stdarg.h  stdlib.h  tchar.h   
errno.h   locale.h  setjmp.h  stddef.h  string.h  time.h    

cygnus/include/mingw32/nonansi:
alloc.h    direct.h   malloc.h   process.h  unistd.h   varargs.h  
conio.h    fcntl.h    mem.h      share.h    utime.h    
dir.h      io.h       memory.h   sys/       values.h   

cygnus/include/mingw32/nonansi/sys:
fcntl.h    locking.h  stat.h     timeb.h    unistd.h   

cygnus/include/mingw32/sys:
types.h  

cygnus/lib:
mingw32/  

cygnus/lib/mingw32: [NOTE: dllcrt0.o is new work, not yet generally available]
crt0.o         libcrtdll.a    libmoldname.a  
dllcrt0.o      libmingw32.a   specs          

cygnus/win32:
Source/   headers/  lib/      

cygnus/win32/Source: [NOTE: not necessary]
advapi32.def  imm32.def     netapi32.def  rpcdce4.def   vdmdbg.def    
cap.def       jamfile       odbc32.def    rpcns4.def    version.def   
comctl32.def  kernel32.def  ole32.def     rpcrt4.def    vfw32.def     
comdlg32.def  lz32.def      oleaut32.def  shell32.def   win32spl.def  
ctl3d32.def   mapi32.def    oledlg.def    svrapi.def    winmm.def     
dh.s          mfcuia32.def  olepro32.def  tapi32.def    winspool.def  
dlcapi.def    mgmtapi.def   opengl32.def  th32.def      winstrm.def   
dt.s          mpr.def       penwin32.def  thunk32.def   wow32.def     
gdi32.def     msacm32.def   pkpd32.def    url.def       wsock32.def   
glu32.def     nddeapi.def   rasapi32.def  user32.def    wst.def       

cygnus/win32/headers:
Windows32/    wincon.h      windowsx.h    winkernel.h   wintypes.h    
winadvapi.h   windef.h      winerror.h    winnt.h       winuser.h     
winbase.h     windows.h     wingdi.h      winsock.h     winversion.h  

cygnus/win32/headers/Windows32:
ASCIIFunctions.h    Errors.h            Sockets.h           
Base.h              Functions.h         Structures.h        
Defines.h           Messages.h          UnicodeFunctions.h  

cygnus/win32/lib:
libadvapi32.a  libmgmtapi.a   libopengl32.a  libsnmp.a      libwin32spl.a  
libcomctl32.a  libmpr.a       libpenwin32.a  libsvrapi.a    libwinmm.a     
libcomdlg32.a  libmsacm32.a   libpkpd32.a    libtapi32.a    libwinserve.a  
libctl3d32.a   libnddeapi.a   librasapi32.a  libth32.a      libwinspool.a  
libgdi32.a     libnetapi32.a  librpcdce4.a   libthunk32.a   libwinstrm.a   
libglu32.a     libodbc32.a    librpcndr.a    liburl.a       libwow32.a     
libimm32.a     libole32.a     librpcns4.a    libuser32.a    libwsock32.a   
libkernel32.a  liboleaut32.a  librpcrt4.a    libvdmdbg.a    libwst.a       
liblz32.a      liboledlg.a    libscrnsave.a  libversion.a   
libmapi32.a    libolepro32.a  libshell32.a   libvfw32.a     

cygnus/H-i386-cygwin32:
bin/  lib/  

cygnus/H-i386-cygwin32/bin:
ar.exe*       dlltool.exe*  ld.exe*       patch.exe*    
as.exe*       gcc.exe*      nm.exe*       rm.exe*       
diff.exe*     gdb.exe*      objdump.exe*  strip.exe*    

cygnus/H-i386-cygwin32/lib:
gcc-lib/  

cygnus/H-i386-cygwin32/lib/gcc-lib:
i386-cygwin32/  

cygnus/H-i386-cygwin32/lib/gcc-lib/i386-cygwin32:
cygnus-2.7.2-961023/  

cygnus/H-i386-cygwin32/lib/gcc-lib/i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-961023:
cc1.exe*  cpp.exe*  libgcc.a  

And now the relevant environment variable settings:

PATH=%PATH%;C:\BIN;C:\BIN\TOOLS;C:\cygnus\H-i386-cygwin32\bin;C:\java\bin;c:\rdc\bin
SET GCC_EXEC_PREFIX=C:\cygnus\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\
SET LIBRARY_PATH=/cygnus/lib/mingw32:/cygnus/win32/lib
SET C_INCLUDE_PATH=/cygnus/include/mingw32:/cygnus/include/mingw32/nonansi:/cygnus/win32/Headers
SET CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH=%C_INCLUDE_PATH%

-- Colin Peters - [email-masked]
-- Saga University Dept. of Information Science
-- Fundamentals of Information Science
-- http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/home.html

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".