Subject: Virtual Alloc failure
From: [email-masked] (drs)

8 Feb 1997 06:15:02 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.01Gold (Win95; I)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I realize it has come up before, but what does the following sort of
error mean? I had been successfully compiling Windows demo programs, but
lately get the following output in bash:

bash$ make
gcc -c win.c
(D:\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-961023/cc1.exe
1019)
commit_and_inc: VirtualAlloc failed
In file included from
D:\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-
961023/../../../../i386-cygwin32/include/Windows32/Functions.h:42,
                 from
D:\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-
961023/../../../../i386-cygwin32/include/windows.h:51,
                 from win.c:3:
D:\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-961023/../../../../i38
6-cygwin32/include/Windows32/UnicodeFunctions.h:1345: virtual memory
exhausted
make: *** [win.o] Error 1

Virtual Memory exhaused? I have 20 meg of RAM, running win95 and cygwin
only. What's going on?

Any help appreciated,
DRS
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".