Subject: Strange failure with CVS and diff
From: [email-masked] (Shankar Unni)

6 Feb 1997 22:14:16 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.0Gold (X11; I; SunOS 5.5.1 sun4u)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I've been trying to use the NT port of CVS 1.9.2 from ftp.cyclic.com,
with their port of RCS 5.7, and the GNU diff from Cygwin32 Beta 17.1.

I got a strange failure during a checkin: when RCS ran diff (with a
--rcs, I believe), some (all?) of the output came out on the TTY instead
of into the RCS file!! I've been unable to duplicate this by running
"diff --rcs" by hand, but can make this happen any time with "cvs
commit" on a modified file.

Has anyone else seen anything like this? Or has anyone gotten this
combination to work? I don't have any trouble with the diff 2.7 port
that I downloaded from the same CVS site where I got CVS and RCS..

-- 
Shankar Unni                                  [email-masked]
Chromatic Research                            (408) 752-9488
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".