Subject: problem/question with 'ls /' -- returns nothing
From: [email-masked] (Paul Raines)

6 Feb 1997 19:33:55 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-Envelope-to: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: TkMail 4.0beta9
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I just installed version 17.1 of the gnu-win32 utilities.
Seems to work fine except for problems I assume are related
to the mount command.  For example, doing 'ls /' takes 
several seconds and gives no output.

======================================================================
C:\>mount
Device           Directory           Type        Flags
\\.\tape1:       /dev/st1            native      no-mixed,text!=binary
\\.\tape0:       /dev/st0            native      no-mixed,text!=binary
\\.\b:           /dev/fd1            native      no-mixed,text!=binary
\\.\a:           /dev/fd0            native      no-mixed,text!=binary
c:               /                   native      no-mixed,text!=binary

C:\>ls c:/
AUTOEXEC.BAT   DEMO_CD        MSDOS.---      SYSTEM.1ST     log.txt
AUTOEXEC.DOS   DETLOG.OLD     MSDOS.SYS      WINDOWS        logo.sys
BOOTLOG.PRV    DETLOG.TXT     NETLOG.TXT     XWIN32         tmp
BOOTLOG.TXT    DOS            Program Files  dl             ut
COMMAND.COM    Documents      RECYCLED       ffastun.ffa
CONFIG.DOS     GAMES          SCANDISK.LOG   ffastun.ffl
CONFIG.SYS     INDEX.txt      SETUPLOG.TXT   ffastun.ffo
D011V110.SYS   IO.SYS         SUHDLOG.DAT    ffastun0.ffx

C:\>ls /

C:\>
======================================================================

I have also noted that filename completion on bash often
fails to work, which may be related.

--
_________________________________________________________________________
Paul Raines               [email-masked]           415-926-2369
Stanford Linear Accelerator   BABAR Group                   Software Team 
http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~raines/index.html  <======== PGP public key

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".