Subject: man & ncurses problems
From: [email-masked]

6 Feb 1997 18:06:36 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
Comments: Authenticated sender is <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-mailer: Pegasus Mail for Win32 (v2.42)
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

As of recently, man (and troff) have been giving me problems.  It's 
giving the following error:

/usr/local/bin/groff:/usr/local/lib/groff/font/devlatin1/DESC:1:
illegal input character code `13'

repeating a few thousand (or so) times.  I got the allman.tar.gz 
someone mentioned earlier from their ftp site at ftp.deerinet.nb.ca.

I can't think of changing anything in my setup.  I first installed 
the allman package after remounting everything in binary mode.  It 
worked then, and I didn't use man pages for a few weeks.  I tried 
reinstalling it, but no luck.

On another note, has anyone else built ncurses?  It built perfectly 
after remounting in bin mode, but I get a lot of "Bad escape code" 
errors while running programs (ncftp, and many of the demos in 
ncurses).  I've tried several TERM settings, 
from pc-ansi, to ansi, vt*, etc.   Does anyone have it working any 
better?

TIA
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".