Subject: B17.1 gcc Compiler Problem
From: [email-masked] (Simon)

6 Feb 1997 07:14:19 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/PLAIN; charset="US-ASCII"
Original-To: GNU-Win32 Mailing List <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hi, all!

I tried to send a message to the list the other day, but I don't think it got
through. If it did, my apologies. Anyway,  the problem is this: when I try to
compile any  C/C++ program using  gcc, I  get four error  messages, something
like:

undefined reference: __data_start__
undefined reference: __data_end__
undefined reference: __bss_start__
undefined reference: __bss_end__

I would really like to get this working, as I need a 32-bit compiler, and gcc
is my  compiler of choice!  :) So I  would be grateful  for any help  you can
give. (And if I did miss any  replies already, could you possibly resend them
to me?)

Thanks! :)

 ___  _                   _a' /(   <.  #  Simon Bradley: Knight Protector   #
/ __><_>._ _ _  ___ ._ _~~_}\ \(  _  ) #      E-mail: [email-masked]      #
\__ \| || ' ' |/ . \| ' |    \(,_(,)'  #   Finger: [email-masked]    #
<___/|_||_|_|_|\___/|_|_|   ._>, _>,   # URL: http://www.aber.ac.uk/~sib93/ #

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".