Subject: GNU patch broken on NT?
From: [email-masked] (Soorya Kuloor)

5 Feb 1997 16:23:53 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Elm [revision: 111.1]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hi,

The 'patch' program supplied with GNU-WIN32 b17 seems to be
broken. For example, applying tcl7.6p2.patch on tcl7.6 distribution
stops in the middle without any error message. We were also able come
up with very short patch files which fail similarly.  In all these
cases patch program seems to seek to a wrong position in the patch
file. Rebuilding patch2.1 from GNU distribution doesn't help
either. Is there a patch for patch (:-)) or a working version of patch
(we need the source code too) to fix this problem?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you, bye,
--
Soorya
----------------
[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".