Subject: Re: dos file names (what should I do)
From: [email-masked] (Wayne Davison)

3 Feb 1997 12:10:07 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked] (James Dumser)
Original-Cc: [email-masked]
In-reply-to: dumser's message of Mon, 03 Feb 1997 08:47:53 -0600.
	     <[email-masked]> 
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

James Dumser writes:
> creating an empty directory before mounting doesn't exactly work right
> for me.

This bug is not affected by the mkdir -- it also fails if the directory
is not there.  I ran into the same bug when I was mounting various
parts of the distribution as "/usr", etc. but forgot to mention it.

The difference is that "ls /mounted_dir" works (it matches the mount
string and gets substitutted) while "cd / ; ls mounted_dir" does not
(it is not being combined with the current directory properly for
substitution).

...wayne..
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".