Subject: Opinion about directory structure
From: [email-masked] (Eric L Andry)

1 Feb 1997 12:55:31 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
X-Sender: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Pro Version 2.2 (32)
X-Priority: 1 (Highest)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

        I've been playing with the release of 17.1 tools.  I've tried to get
man to work and it's having a problem finding things because of the new
directory sturcture.  If I downloaded the source code to the development
tools, ie gcc, g++, man, etc. and recompile to the new directory structure?
Is there an environment variable I can set so that all occurances of like
/usr/bin in these configure scripts so that they will know what to do?  If
not, I suggest in the next major revison that the structure go back to how
it was before with the /usr/bin, /usr/lib, etc.  

/** >;-) ******************************************************* @-;< **\
*                                                                       *
*   "Some great words of wisdom from the mind of..."                    *
*                                                                       *
*   Eric L Andry                                                        *
*                                                                       *
*   843 Issaqueena Trail Apt 142    Computer Engineering Student        *
*   Central, South Carolina         at Clemson University               *
*   29630-9375                      email: [email-masked]    *
*   (864) 653-5656                   http://www.clemson.edu/~eandry/    *
*                                                                       *
\** %:^O ******************************************************* 9-:< **/

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".