Subject: gnu-win32 for linux?
From: [email-masked]

1 Feb 1997 10:13:46 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: [email-masked] (gnu-win32)
X-Mailer: ELM [version 2.4 PL21]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

hi,

i'm new to this mailing list and have some minor questions
where i couldn't find an answer in the FAQ:

- i've installed the gnu-win32 binary package from the debian
  destribution for linux as a cross-compiler. it seems to work
  but the package is a little bit outdated (based on b0.13 or
  something like this..). is there a newer version as linux
  binary available?

- if not, could i just download the source (all.tar.gz?) and
  say "configure; make .. etc." to compile and install this
  special gcc as an cross-compiler?

- could i make also win3.1 binaries or at least with Win32s
  installed on my windows-3.1x box? if yes, do i need special
  compiler flags?

- the faq says that if "mwindows" is defined the most common
  libs are linked as default, what does this mean?
  "$(CC) -Dmwindows" or "$(CC) -Asystem(mwindows)" ??

- i do not know details about the win32 Api, but could i compile
  a win3.1 source out of the box and would i get a win95 program?
  i mean, would it run but without using the features of the win32
  API?

cu
 rasca
-- 
2:2410/304.5@fido,[email-masked],http://home.pages.de/~rasca/
fon +49.30.336-99-04, fax/data +49.30.335-63-28 (15-23:00 h MET) berlin
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".