Subject: RE: patch problem
From: [email-masked] (Mikey)

31 Jan 1997 03:55:02 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: "'gnu-win32 mailing list'" <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Could someone please repost Mr. Noer's patch, I must have missed it.
	TIA
	JD.

----------
	<snip>
works correctly
for me now. The problems are
  1. The b17.1 rename() in cygwin.dll does not use the correct return
     codes. Geoffrey has investigated this and posted a patch to
     correct the problem, but you'll have to wait until the next
     release or rebuild cygwin.dll yourself.
  2. Both the patch and the file need to be the same "mode"
     (text/binary). (Note: if you generate a diff based on text mode
     files, the diff will be mixed -- the chunk headers will be binary,
     but the chunks themselves will have CRs.) Someone recently pointed
     out you can use -l (or --ignore-whitespace) to have patch work even
     if the diff is not the same mode as the file; although I have not
     personally tried this.
The way I "fixed" #1 was to recompile patch with the included rename.c;
this avoids using the broken rename in cygwin.dll. I've included a
patch that you can apply after running configure.

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".