Subject: Re: patch problem
From: [email-masked] (Scott Kay)

30 Jan 1997 13:00:47 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]> (message from Gunther Ebert on
	Wed, 29 Jan 1997 09: 58:58 +0100)
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

>>>>> "Gunther" == Gunther Ebert <[email-masked]> writes:

    Gunther> Ryan M. Hager wrote:
    >>  version b 17.1 gnu win 32
    >> 
    >> I am trying apply a .diff file and it is failing. It is the
    >> X11R6.1-cygwin.diff.gz. When I am in Windows 95 it only tries
    >> to apply the first 3 changes. WHen I am in Linux ( tried to see
    >> what it would do) it goes through all the files and tries to do
    >> the changes, the changing fails.  I wish to do the patch in win
    >> 95, And I believe the patch program is failing, how do I make
    >> sure this is the case?
    >> 

    Gunther> I can confirm the strange patch behaviour. It doesn't
    Gunther> matter if the files are in UNIX or NT text mode, patch
    Gunther> always failed to apply some diffs.
  Check your version of patch. Older versions can't handle newer
fancier type context diffs. You may need to get a more current version
if your patch program isn't up to date.

-Scott

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
			      Scott Kay
			    Powersoft Corp
			   561 Virginia Rd
			  Concord, MA 01742
		      email: [email-masked]
			  FAX: 508-287-2557
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".