Subject: Slow, slow, quick quick slow...
From: [email-masked] (Nigel Rantor)

30 Jan 1997 08:21:11 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
X-Sender: [email-masked]
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Okay. 

To all that suggested creating a /tmp directory;

 - Cheers, that sorted that problem out.

To all that suggested I read the FAQ;

 - Have a look yourself, it inly mentions /tmp in relation to byacc (which
   I have never used under UNIX either) I had assumed (incorrectly) that
   the environment variable TEMP might be used by cygwin but apparently
   not.

To all;

 - How about putting a section in the FAQ for 'Directory Structure
   Required' and an explanation of why each part may be required? I have
   just started using it so I'm not qualified but I'm sure there are
   plenty of you who are.

Query;

 - Is there anything that is *known* to be problematic when trying to use
   sockets under cygwin? In particular I am getting errors that I can only
   attribute to missing declarations. Whether this is because of a missing
   include path or that the declarations just don't exist I am not sure.

   Anyway its beginning not to matter since I don't have enough time to
   get the socket++ library working at the moment, I'm going to have to
   rely on other win32 smtp clients that can be run through system() type
   calls. (unless sendmail is easy *ha!* to recompile)

Thanks for the help,

  Nige 

Nigel Rantor - WEB Ltd
e-mail - [email-masked]  
tel    - (+44|0)181-960-3050 fax    - (+44|0)181-960-0825

"A logician trying to teach logic to a programmer is like
a cat trying to tell a fish what its like to get wet."
                                - unattributed

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".