Subject: Whoo-hoo! It works, mainly...
From: [email-masked] (Nigel Rantor)

29 Jan 1997 17:18:00 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: Nigel Rantor <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
X-Sender: [email-masked]
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Howdy,

Well it works, I love it, its great. I now have a reason to be happy when
sat in front of an NT box *sigh*.

One question / problem I do have though is this;

Makefiles work, they work fine and I'm glad for it. But I cannot get a
certain socket++ library built because it uses a 'configure' script that
keeps on complaining about not beaing able to find things, well it doesn't
complain but it can't find include files and libraries, it doesn't realise
that its GNU gcc or that it has the libg++ available.

Now I think this is to do with the directory structure used with the
cygwin distribution - but I'm not sure - I was wondering whether this
sounds like I need to mount parts of the cygwin structure onto some
'standard' names like /usr/include /usr/lib /usr/bin etc etc etc. If so
does anyone know exactly what I have to do?

I have been fiddling with this for a couple of days and I'm going mad, if
I can't get it going I may just go through and make my own makefile from
scratch until I get it right, it couldn't take any longer than blindly
groping for an answer *sob*

If anyone has info on getting configure scripts to work then I would
_*really*_, /really/, appreciate it.

Cheers,

  Nige

Nigel Rantor - WEB Ltd
e-mail - [email-masked]  
tel    - (+44|0)181-960-3050 fax    - (+44|0)181-960-0825

"philosophy is a battle against the bewitchment of our 
 intelligence by means of language"
               Wittgenstein L J J - Philosophical Investigations

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".