Subject: cygwin.dll bug
From: [email-masked] ("p.a.c.tavares")

29 Jan 1997 04:44:51 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text
Original-To: [email-masked] (Cygwin List)
X-Mailer: ELM [version 2.4 PL24]
Content-Length: 1392      
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I found two problems when using functions from string.h (the C one, not
String.h) in win95. I believe they are caused by bugs in the utilities and
not by my own mistakes. 

1. when using GNU make to create the code the compiler confuses string.h
and String.h. Because by default String.h comes first on the include path,
cpp will include the GNU-C++ String.h when it should include C string.h

2. Once this problem was solved by renaming String.h I found that it
compiled and linked with no problems. However I get a runtime error
concerning the function strncpy( ). Under gdb I get the following report: 

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
strncpy (dst=0x263eb30 "H_c\002\027¦@", src=0x0, n=20)
    at /pizza/mushroom/noer/beta17/src/newlib/libc/string/strncpy.c:58
/pizza/mushroom/noer/beta17/src/newlib/libc/string/strncpy.c:58: No such file or
 directory.
Current language:  auto; currently c

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pedro A.C. Tavares <[email-masked]>

Superconducting Devices Group         Tel: +44-141-552 4400 (3151/3478)
Dept. of Physics & Applied Physics    Fax: +44-141-552 7143
University of Strathclyde             For PGP public key: "finger
Glasgow, UK                               [email-masked]"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".