Subject: V & GNU-Win32 problem
From: [email-masked] ("Dr. Wai Wong")

27 Jan 1997 22:07:00 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <Pine.SUN.3.95q.970128114927.10454A-100000.cygnus.gnu-win32@pistis>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
X-Sender: wwong@pistis
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-cc: [email-masked], "Dr. Wai Wong" <[email-masked]>
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I've built V 1.16 under gnu-win32 Beta 17.1 in Windows95. The v1 test
program works fine. However, when I tried open an icon file in the icon
editor viconed, it crashed and gave me the following message:

bash$ viconed.exe 
(viconed.exe 1002) In cygwin_except_handler
(viconed.exe 1002) Exception trapped!
(viconed.exe 1002) exception C0000005 at 33FC4
(viconed.exe 1002) exception: ax 0 bx 8 cx FBAD248C dx 1
(viconed.exe 1002) exception: si 25DE95C di 25DE9B0 bp 25DE85C sp 25DE844
(viconed.exe 1002) exception is: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
(viconed.exe 1002) Stack trace:
(viconed.exe 1002) frame 0: sp = 0x25DE65C, pc = 0x1001282A
(viconed.exe 1002) frame 1: sp = 0x25DE678, pc = 0xBFF7663C
(viconed.exe 1002) frame 2: sp = 0x25DE69C, pc = 0xBFF859D9
(viconed.exe 1002) frame 3: sp = 0x25DE734, pc = 0xFFECBAD7
(viconed.exe 1002) frame 4: sp = 0x25DE85C, pc = 0x4226A7
(viconed.exe 1002) frame 5: sp = 0x25DE88C, pc = 0x40B050
(viconed.exe 1002) frame 6: sp = 0x25DEAD0, pc = 0x40348C
(viconed.exe 1002) frame 7: sp = 0x25DEDA4, pc = 0x4037D5
(viconed.exe 1002) frame 8: sp = 0x25DEDB4, pc = 0x4076F2
(viconed.exe 1002) frame 9: sp = 0x25DEF94, pc = 0x4080EB
(viconed.exe 1002) frame 10: sp = 0x25DF118, pc = 0x4124A0
(viconed.exe 1002) frame 11: sp = 0x25DF130, pc = 0x412AC7
(viconed.exe 1002) frame 12: sp = 0x25DF154, pc = 0x40F1E0
(viconed.exe 1002) frame 13: sp = 0x25DF17C, pc = 0x40EF19
(viconed.exe 1002) frame 14: sp = 0x25DF1A0, pc = 0x40F160
(viconed.exe 1002) frame 15: sp = 0x25DF1C4, pc = 0x40ED66
(viconed.exe 1002) End of stack trace (more stack frames may be present)

Does anyone know what is wrong? Any information will appreciated.

Wai WONG             
Department of Computing Studies,
Hong Kong Baptist University, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong                       
Tel. No. +852 2339 7082 E-mail: [email-masked]
Fax No.  +852 2339 7892 WWW: http://www.comp.hkbu.edu.hk/~wwong/
===================================================================

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".