Subject: Re: Bash bug wth read
From: [email-masked] ("Grant Leslie")

26 Jan 1997 17:23:11 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: "GNU-WIN32" <[email-masked]>, "Wayne Davison" <[email-masked]>
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Priority: 3
X-Mailer: Microsoft Internet Mail 4.70.1160
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

> Is anyone else having trouble with "read" in a /bin/sh script?  The
code is 
> apparently reading extra newlines.  When the script starts it will
skip 
> three prompts, and then one each time after that.  

Yup :-( 
The first one seems to come from the bash prompt since it effects any
other programs I might run from bash, ie.. they all get a single <cr>
when I start them, and after that read itself seems to have the same
problem. I assume they both use the GNU readline lib to work, so
there might be some bug in there??? I haven't looked that far into it
myself.

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".