Subject: Re: Linking in InitiateSystemShutdown()...
From: [email-masked] ("Ryan C. Gordon")

25 Jan 1997 18:32:44 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
Comments: Authenticated sender is <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-mailer: Pegasus Mail for Windows (v2.23)
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

> According to the SDK documentation InitiateSystemShutdown doesn't
> exist in Windows95.

With a bit more research, here's my findings:

I've found that InitiateSystemShutdown() DOES exist on Win95, 
although it always returns 0 without doing anything. You have to use 
-ladvapi32 on the compiler command line to get that far. Thanks to 
everyone on the list for that info.

However, this doesn't get me any further; how you you shutdown (or, 
even better, shutdown and reboot) a Win95 box from within a program?
Calling ExitWindows(0, 0) seemed to be equivalent to selecting "Close all 
programs and log in as another user" on the shutdown menu...

Any thoughts?  I've seen Win32 programs shutdown and reboot the system
before, so there MUST be a way. (*whimper*)

Thank you,
--ryan.

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".