Subject: Unhandled exception loading...NTDLL.DLL and NuTCRACKER?
From: [email-masked] ("Bret A. Schuhmacher")

25 Jan 1997 15:49:45 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hello everyone,

If you're offended by things not entirely on topic, please stop
reading now with my apology.  I can't think of a better group of
people to ask this UNIX/NT porting question, though.

My company has ported Tcl/Tk, Expect, tcl-dp, BLT, TclX and Tix to NT
using NuTCracker (hey, I wanted to use cygwin :-)).  We added our own
extensions, too. Things run fine on our build machine.  However when I
try to run it on our production machine it won't even load.

I've stepped throught the code in MSC++ and it dies with this message:
Unhandled Exception in hcitcl.exe (NTDLL.DLL): 0xC0000142: DLL
Initialization Failed.

However, if I press "F5" (go) in the debugger, the application
continues and runs fine!  It looks like the NT loader isn't passing
control to NuTCRACKER properly.  This dies in the code a long time
before main is called, so I'm having a terrible time debugging it.

The production machine is a Pentium Pro 200, ATX motherboard, 120Mb
RAM, SCSI HD.  We're running NT Server 3.51 service pack 5.

My questions are these:
1) can someone explain what happens between when you start running an
app and main is reached?

2) any ideas on this problem?

3) any debugging tips or things I can try?

We're supposed to ship our product to a alpha test site on Thursday,
Jan, 30... A quick reply would be appreciated if you can add
*ANYTHING* at all.

Thanks in advance!

Rgds,

Bret
-- 
Bret A. Schuhmacher                              Email: [email-masked]
Technical Director, WebNet Technologies          WWW:   http://www.wn.com
Voice/Fax: (214) 821-0848                        Pager: (214) 816-0283
              Winning isn't everything, but losing sucks.
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".